General Admissions Criteria
The RBS DBA is a unique two-year doctoral degree program with classes held mostly on weekends to accommodate the schedules of executives, professionals, and academics seeking a terminal degree. After a review of the application materials required to be filed, qualified applicants will also be interviewed by the Director of the DBA program, and possibly by other faculty members as well.
Each year the Rutgers DBA program accepts an exclusive group of students from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. The criteria for selection include the applicant’s potential for success at senior management levels and the ability and motivation to participate in a rigorous course of study while being employed.
Applicants should meet the following admissions standards:
- A Master’s degree or international equivalent (preferably an MBA or EMBA)
- At least 10 years of academic, business, or technical experience, working in senior executive or technical positions will be preferred
- Candidates with high level responsibility and international experience
- Maturity and motivation to succeed in the DBA program
- Proficiency in oral and written English. Applicants who have not had English as their primary language of instruction must also submit TOEFL or IELTS scores
GMAT/GRE is not required for admission into the program. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree and with strong substantial experience in business-related areas at senior levels will also be considered. Candidates will have to demonstrate interest and talent for research. The program is open to Singaporeans, Permanent Residents and Employment visa holders. Other long term visit pass holders are to seek approval from ICA prior to submitting the application for admissions.