Classroom assistants help our professors by ensuring the teaching environment is maintained and classroom logistics runs smoothly. This allows our professors to focus solely upon teaching the students and setting tasks for them to complete. Classroom assistants provide support for professors whilst they perform their tasks in the classroom. They are responsible for making the teaching environment ready for teaching prior to the beginning of each lesson and supporting the professor whilst the subject is in progress.
- Assist with classroom set up and maintenance, including tidying of classroom
- Setting up of breaks, and clearing afterwards
- Liaising with caterers and food vendors for food deliveries and pickups
- Opening up and closing classrooms for professors and students
- Some basic administration tasks
- Someone who is punctual and responsible
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to remain patient and calm under pressure
- Ability to use one’s own initiative
- Some computer skills – familiarity with projectors, computers is required to assist visiting professors
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Weekends per month (average 2 per month) : 8.15am to 6.30pm (9hr 15mins per day)
- Weekday evenings (Tue & Thurs): 5.30pm to 10pm (4.5 hours per evening)
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter/email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.